NuPrint Customer Care
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of files can I send to NuPrint?
We recommend saving your files as a .PDF. We can support a variety of programs on both PC and Mac platforms. Please contact our design team for the programs we support.
How do I sent up my file to bleed?
When the image is required to extend all the way to the edge, bleed is needed to preserve the finished look and the quality of the final product. Bleed must extend past the edge of the sheet and will be trimmed from the
product during the final cutting phase. Extend all elements to bleed .125” past the edge of the sheet. Please keep all text at least 0.125” inside the edge of the sheet (.125” margin).
How do I set up blues to not come out purple?
When using a blue in your design, always make sure to leave at least a 30% difference in your Cyan and Magenta values. Example: C-100 M-70 Y-0 k-0
What Is Rich Black?
Rich black is often regarded as a color that is "blacker than black". Rich black, in printing, is an ink mixture of solid black over one or more of the other CMYK colors, resulting in a darker tone than black ink alone generates in a printing process. Rich black (typical) Color coordinates. CMYK (c, m, y, k) (60, 40, 40, 100)
How do I set up a Booklet?
Booklets are a little more complex to design. Here are rules to follow when creating your Booklets:
- Page counts start on the cover as page 1, inside cover as page 2 and so on.
- Bleed is .125” from the edge of the sheet and the Safety area is .25” margins. For example, an 8.5x11 booklet with bleed should be 8.75x11.25 total.
- We prefer a multipage PDF in single pages and we will paginate the file. If using a design program such as
InDesign, do not provide reader spreads or facing pages.
What are the turnaround times?
- Digital printed products are produced in 1-4 business days depending on quantity and complexity of the order.
- Commercial printed products are produced in 3-7 business days depending on the complexity of the order.